Saturday, December 15, 2007

Of INTED and Plymouth

I've been wanting to blog about this for days, but I didn't have the time to do so. I was busy working to the extent of becoming fed up with doing over time. I need a life, or shall I say, I have a life. :P

My stay in Plymouth is coming to an end. I've started packing, deciding on which shall I put in the luggage, which shall I box and have them shipped, which shall be given to the juniors, or which shall be left all alone in the cold weather. Haha. It's hard. It's really hard to decide.

I have a mixed feeling about leaving Plymouth. I really wanted to be home, but at the same time, I don't want to leave this place. It's been my home for the past two years. Where ever I went, for a short getaway or a trip to ASDA or the city centre, I always find it exciting to be back in House 20, to be under the duvet, to be in the cosiness of my own room. I guess I will definitely be missing this place as soon as I step on to the plane, or the coach. Will I ever get to see Plymouth again, or UK maybe? I hope so. InsyaAllah. God's willing.

I have learned a lot during this duration through mistakes and experiences. The thing I have learned are priceless. They taught me to be matured in my own way. They are definitely a treasure. A treasure which I'm sure will be well kept by all of us. I really wanted to write the things I've learned, but there are too many. I don't know where to start, how to start, and I'm sure the list will never end. I guess it's better left unsaid then. Hehe.

INTED has organised a farewell dinner for us on Monday. It was a lovely evening. I have enjoyed it very much, as well as my guest, Kak Nora. It's really a shame that we need to part, for INTED have done so much for us. The speech by Katy created lumps in my throat, I laughed my heart out when Steve gave his speech (who doesn't, anyway, even though you are at the verge of crying) and Sarah's speech brought me to tears. It seems just like yesterday that Sarah and Michelle picked us up from the airport. And in two weeks time, they will send us off to the airport. Time really flies, and it flies fast.



Thank you to Katy Salisbury, Steve Ansell, Lesley Woodhead, Tracy Gilpin, Michael Hall, Liz Robbins, Mike Boston, Sarah Fuqua, Michelle Charlick, Dania Moussalli, Tony Wright, Paul Gentle, and Bernice. Thank you for everything. You are our family for the past two years. You will definitely be missed. :)

No comments: