Saturday, November 17, 2007

The good girl.

We were sitting together at the kitchen when Ainee told us about one of her childhood act, that she stuck a chewing gum to a friend's hijab. Wani then told us about the day she went cycling that her father had to go out and find her. I told them that I have nothing similar during my childhood years. Whatever happened to me were mostly accidental and the scars that I have were not caused by being naughty.

Many may realised that I have two scars from stitches above my right eyes. I got the first scar when I was about four or five. At that time, I have started helping my mother in the kitchen. I remembered putting a chair next to the stove and wanting to stir her cooking. My brother's nanny wanted to get something out of the drawer and as she was pulling out the drawer, I fell and my head hit the cabinet. Hence, I was taken to a clinic to get a few stitches just below the right eyebrow. I wouldn't consider that to be my fault or I was naughty, I was just helping out. I was in Standard One when I got the second scar. I was standing at the door waiting for the teacher to come in. The wind was blowing hard. It blew the door and the door hit me right on my head. The hit left me with stitches just above my right eyebrow. I wasn't being naughty, I got the scar because the wind was blowing. Ainee kata parut sebab kena tiup angin.

Once during kindergarten, I fell out of the van that took me to school, and I'm sure that I didn't jump out of the van or did any stunt that caused me to fall. I'm sure that a friend has pushed me even though I have told her to stop pushing a few times. That fall caused a few of my teeth to fall out of its place. And I guess that's the reason why my teeth are well structured, compared to my other siblings.

When I was about five, my family including my mother's youngest brother went to Komtar in Penang to shop. My mother was busy looking at the clothes while I was busy walking in and out of the hanging clothes when suddenly, I couldn't find my mother. I stood quietly next to a mannequin until one of the promoter was passing by and realised that I wasn't with my parents. I was then took to the missing child counter. I remembered not crying at all until the announcement was made. Not long after that, I saw my parents coming, laughing that I went missing. They didn't blame me either. For what I know both my mother and her youngest brother blamed each other. My mother thought that I have followed him to the toilet and he thought that I was with her all the time.

I remembered being the quiet little girl. I remembered that people used to say that I have gold in my mouth just because I didn't talk very much. I remembered waiting quietly at the stairs for my mother, after I woke up from my nap everyday. I don't remember my parents or other siblings recalled my bad behavior when I was little, nothing that I could think of. Both Ainee and Wani agreed that maybe I was easy to take care of because I was a good girl. Maybe that's true. And if it's true, I have to agree. Tee hee hee.

The good girl with her late father.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad angin! bad angin!

ROFLMAO

Alin Yussuff said...

bad angin!!

haha.

*i budak baik*

Anonymous said...

i 110% believe that they weren't ur mistake...like ainee said,bad angin! and knowing ur mother and her 'sometimes-bimbo'ness(from ur story) proves that she was another cause of ur bad experience...kua kua kua..maaf aunty..lol.

Alin Yussuff said...

haha.

on the phone td kak jaja ulang balik kata2 ni, 'hang anak angkat la, dah la gigi lawa, putih pulak tu.'

Anonymous said...

hahaha...'kak jaja,no comment..'.
bukti kak jaja mmg naughty dari kecik smpai skrg tu..nasib badan la alin,dpt kakak yg sgt penyayang cm dier..ha ha

Anonymous said...

alololoh tomei~~ it's oke to be a beautiful swan kak jaja. you boleh berlakon watak cinderella dalam filem arahan ahmad idham. ehak ehak.

Alin Yussuff said...

wani:
kak jaja tu mmg gitu..mungkin diye jeles dgn saye sbnrnye.

aini:
cinderella!
i nak pegi pilih kasut nak pakai pegi ball nanti. kasur kene lawa sbb nak tinggalkan sebelah kat prince.

soyasofya said...

yeah.. go alin!